Thursday, June 17, 2010

my creative space: crafty books

I went to the library the other day to get a couple of novels to read and just had to take a look upstairs at the knitting and craft section...our library really does have a great selection of crafty books! I've been wanting to read "Homemade" after seeing it in the Viva a while ago and it is a lovely book full of creative ideas.  I just opened up Cath Kidston's "In Print" this afternoon and already my head is full of things I would like to do from it.  I am really good at getting ideas, writing lists and thinking about the million things I would like to create for my home but not so good at the actual follow through. Maybe I will write (another!) list down the side of my blog of all the things I want to do and then I might actually start some!
I am loving these colours at the moment, especially bright yellow which I am completely obsessed with. It's hard finding that right yellow though, not too lemony but not too orangy as well.
I can crochet flowers now too yay!
I love the pink of these tulips :)

Well, not much more to show you, all my creative space is in my head at the moment!!
Head over to Kirsty's  for more creative spaces..
Megan x

18 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Sew much better when you actually use the craft books, mine are looking very neat in an untouched STACK!! Love Posie

Meeks said...

ooo the library is sooo dangerous. you come away with a thousand books (ok, maybe 6 or 8 *cough* *cough*) and then get totally inspired, and then you return them, and forget...ok..maybe that's just me *blush*

Lis said...

So lovely to have discovered your blog, I'm just down in Papamoa and have a similar stack of gorgeous crafty books just picked up from the library, now to stop admiring the pictures and actually create! I've just heard there's a knitting group at one of the churches down at the Mount that I will one day think about joining. Love to see crafty minded locals gorgeous blogs :)

flossy-p said...

I have paint colour swatches suck all over my walls at the moment too. I also love the little Keith Harring cup there on your mantle.

Anonymous said...

It's great to get all inspired and filled with new ideas. Those crochet flowers are so sweet, I wish I had your obvious talent for it!
:) Flick

Cotton Kiwi said...

Oooh tulips. They are my favourite. Must go and buy some tomorrow. My lovely man has planted lots in the garden for me but they aren't popping up yet. I love the library! You've got some goodies there. I'll have to look out for the Homemade one. And yay for crochet flowers!

Anonymous said...

I love library craft books... I think I may have gone through all the wellington librarys collection sadly...
Yay flowers! Post for our appreciation!

Rhiannon said...

please tell me how you learnt to crochet flowers, because i have tried following a few patterns i have found online and just can't quite get it. I can crochet hearts now, thanks to lovely pip at meet me at mikes :)

angelina said...

love your bookstack and knitting!

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

I do love the library to fosik through craft books! have fun...

Anonymous said...

Those crochet flowers are gorgeous. You're doing really well!

mkonieczki said...

I am enamored with yellow right now too! It's such a great idea to sift through craft books at the library... I really need to take better advantage of my resources! Thanks for the reminder!

Megan said...

crafty book inspiration *aaahh*

i had a look in my local library last week for crafty books but being a fairly small country town it certainly didn't have a big or exciting variety!

nice job on those crocheted flowers! they do look very nice indeed. where did you find the pattern?

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Oooh that Cath Kidson book sounds lovely. Our library is rubbish for craft books. What sort of projects are in it? Wow I've just seen your list of 'to do'! All this year is it?!!

Kate said...

So funny - I have borrowed those exact books from the Tauranga library - we should leave notes for eathother in all of the craft books we borrow from there. I love the 'Handmade' book so much - I ended up making metres of the bunting. Lots of love xxooxx.

Snooze said...

i love your taking time to think about stuff ... it's half the fun.
My Creative Space

Kylie said...

What great finds - I love the library for that - I am with you on the planning and never getting anything done. I have loaned so many Burda sewing mags of late I need a truck to take them all back andhave made zip out of them. Maybe I should make a move on Summer:)

Anonymous said...

making lists is a good thing - at least you have intentions and are not lazy about approaching them. Have a great weekend To-Do Girl x

Related Posts with Thumbnails